Posts Tagged ‘all natural’
For those looking to brighten up those winter days with a new skincare regimen, look no further! We’ve done a round-up of our favorite all-natural and organic skincare brands to switch up your look and leave you glowing, even at the end of a long day. Eating and living organically is a hot trend right now, so why let your skin be the exception? Kick the chemicals and be on your way to a fresh face. Here are our top 5 picks:
Farmacy Honey Potion Antioxidant Hydration Mask, $56 (sephora.com)
This soothing mask will give your skin the moisture it needs with the soothing scent of honey and properties that will reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Created with natural ingredients and with a mission free of animal-testing, Farmacy is all this and more.
Dr. Roebuck’s Anti-aging Moisturizer, $45 (sephora.com)
Suitable for all skin-types, Dr R’s facial moisturizer can be used twice daily to soothe even the most sensitive skin. Though their formula is created with simple ingredients, it contains powerful aging remedies. Made in Australia and packaged in 100% recyclable materials, this moisturizer is an organic minimalist’s dream.
Herbivore Moon Fruit Superfruit Night Treatment, $58 (herbivorebotanicals.com)
Rest easy knowing this overnight cream is hard at work reducing fine lines and locking in several nutrients and antioxidants for a fresh, morning glow. All-natural and vegan, this Herbivore product utilizes goji berry, red raspberry seed, and prickly pear for a heavenly scent. With essential oils as an added benefit, your skin will be receiving a full makeover while you catch some zzz’s.
Youth to the People Age Prevention Cream, $48 (youthtothepeople.com)
The name says it all when it comes to this moisturizer. Loaded with all the good things you eat, this product turns the tables and functions as one superfood for your skin by fighting environmental factors and reducing redness. Made in the U.S.A. (California, specifically) and free of animal-testing, this is a product you can get behind.
Drunk Elephant Lala Retro (TM) Whipped Cream, $60 (drunkelephant.com)
This moisturizer is a dessert for your skin. An Allure “Best in Beauty” Award winner, this formula easily absorbs leaving your skin bright and balanced. Better yet, it’s gluten/cruelty-free and the product’s creators support the International Elephant Foundation, which exists to create “a sustainable future where elephants thrive by linking people and elephants for their mutual long-term benefit”. Win-win.
We hope this round-up of today’s trending all-natural skincare products puts you well on your way to finding a new favorite for 2017! Get glowing, ladies!
Coconut oil has become a staple in many households, not only in the kitchen, but outside of it as well! Its uses range from a cooking oil to a hair product. Here are just some of the ways coconut oil will become your can’t-do-without product.
1. Cooking — coconut oil is considered a healthier substitute than many cooking oils. Just a tablespoon is all you’ll need to sautee a great stir fry or cook a turkey burger.
2. Moisturizer — Did you know coconut oil can take the place of your store-bought moisturizer? It’s all-natural properties will get your skin glowing and combat dryness.
3. Hair care — Just a dollop on the ends of your tresses will leave your hair soft, healthy, and prevent split ends. It is also proven to prevent frizz and dandruff.
4. Insect Repellant — For those of you who utilize essential oils, a combination of peppermint and coconut oil is a natural way to keep the bugs at bay.
5. Make-up Remover — Instead of reaching for the cold cream, keep a jar of coconut oil in your bathroom cabinet to take off the day. It will even remove mascara!
6. Lip Balm — Winter can be hard on lips. When they’re dry and cracked, dip a Q-tip in coconut oil to soothe them all day long.
7. Face Mask — Treat yourself to a homemade facial with another ingredient you’ll find in the kitchen: honey! Combine 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of honey, let sit for 15-20 min., then apply. Remove with a warm cloth.
8. Sunburn Treatment — On vacation and forgot to apply the sunscreen? A combination of coconut oil and apple cider vinegar will be your sunburn’s best friend. It provides instant relief and the oil’s healing properties will help your skin to recover.
9. Energy drink — Rather than grab that energy drink from the fridge, reach for a bag of chia seeds and the CO. A tablespoon of each is an all-natural pick-me-up.
10. For your furry friends too! — Both dogs and cats can benefit from coconut oil as well! A teaspoon added to their food on the daily prevents arthritis and contributes to gum health along with various other benefits.
The benefits of coconut oil are endless and there is no doubt you will find yourself replacing other store-bought products with this simple addition to your pantry. How have you incorporated coconut oil into your household and daily beauty regimens? Be sure to comment and share with the SW community!